GETTING TO KNOW ME

My photo
Lisboa, Portugal
Just an ordinary person!

02 June 2009

WE ARE ALL GYPSIES

Sometimes I wonder how do gypsies live (and on what)...I had the opportunity of capture one of their camps, from faraway (they didn't allow me closer!) and my camera's lens was too short... At the moment, was just the fascination of the freedom I saw, children, horses, tents, adults and a wide land (nobodies land?)... Not even a good document of their lifestyle!! But today I had the news of a very dear friend disease, one of those that don't allow too many hopes for a good out coming... And them gypsies came to my mind for a different reason... Aren't we all in some way gypsies? Wondering from place to place, ambition to ambition, love to love, living on (God knows what) a kind of quest for happiness , to finish at a nobodies land...... Now I realize why the arouse my curiosity: WE ARE JUST LIKE THEM.... Only we rarely understand it!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mais um Lugar de Mim said...

Cada vez mais fã destas suas fotos. e o texto-reflexão está sublime. Concordo inteiramente!O dificil é assumirmos.

levikat said...

Agradeço o incentivo!
Beijo grande
L